Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Greek Club

Unfortunately, I have been absent from Greek club for the past two weeks. Last week i missed Greek club because I was attending a special interview and overnight for NYU-Poly's honors program. The week before that I was in New York for the NHSMUN trip which I wrote a journal on earlier. The week before that, however, I did attend and grew significantly more savvy with the techniques of translating ancient Greek. In that Greek club meeting, we decided to try a new tactic and translate the passage as a group, without the help of a teacher. This proved to be very helpful because it allowed us to talk each other through the translating process. About half way through the class i realised that I was actually progressing fast enough to be able to help others through the passage. Because of this, I know that this technique has helped me improve significantly towards my goals in Greek Club that I set at the beginning of Junior year when I joined.

No comments:

Post a Comment