Monday, March 8, 2010

MUN

Last week in MUN we had our second debate. The speed at which we were able to get organised improved greatly from our previous debate. After this debate, i felt very confident that i was going to be prepared to make a meaningful contribution to the NHSMUN conference because i have further improved my debate skills and my teamwork skills. After this debate, i also became aware of a third skill that I learn from being active in MUN. Speaking in the debates has helped me learn to think on my feet. We only have 30 seconds to convey our point when we volunteer to speak so we have to be able to formulate a response to the opponent's point quickly and word it efficiently. This skill will be extremely valuable later in life as i will always need to be able to convey information vocally no matter what I do. This wednesday we have our last debate before the MUN conference in New York the following week. In order to prepare for it I will review the materials provided for us and formulate a brief argument for both sides of the debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment