Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sturgis "Sound Guy"

In the past month, there has not been much to journal about concerning my duties as the Sturgis "Sound Guy". The only significant event was that I have taught another student how to set up the sound system so that He can continue setting up student run activities after I graduate. Through this experience, I both learned a valuable lesson and further improved my skills. I realised through this that for me, teaching someone else how to do something is a great way for me to become more familiar with what I am teaching. This has already proven to be a useful skill. After my experience teaching this student how to work the sound system, i decided to test this new knowledge by helping tutor some juniors on three-dimensional vectors for their HL math class. Vectors have always been a weak spot for me because picturing how the equations work always confused me. But working with other students trying to find ways to explain vectors to them really helped me understand them better. Thanks to my experience as the Sturgis "Sound Guy" i gained valuable incite into efficient ways for me to study materials. Eventually, I plan to teach the music teacher, Ms. Davis how to set up the sound system but she has not wanted to learn yet because she has been busy working with her music students and the various school choruses. Through this, I hope to better improve this technique i discussed in this journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment